Slideshow

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random Updates

I have a few things to wrap up here, and I am tired, so I will be brief.

Right, that is a lie. I haven't written anything in weeks, and I am bursting with useless things to say, so this will be a very long and drawn out post with many extraneous words, and several run-on sentences, but you never know when I will write again, so go ahead and read the whole thing.

1. Before I left TGN I promised that I would give credit where credit was due. Joy crushed the competition. There I said it. Give her a pat on the back--or leave a congratulations comment if you don't know who she is--because she lost almost 10 pounds in our competition and she is half the size I am.

OK, enough of that, we are moving on to a new plan. That's right, we are collecting commitments to run a half marathon next year. As of today I don't know which one we are going to run, but I know how long it is going to be: half of a marathon. That means really long. Training has already begun (although with my schedule I am falling behind) but our commitment level is extremely high, so I it will happen. If you would like to join this elite group of driven, empowered individuals that have set a course for self-improvement, just reply to this post or email me and I will send you the training schedule (or you can click here). Or you can choose to remain a slob (or continue with your own exercise plan I guess).

WARNING: If you join you will have to report your progress weekly and will be subjected to abusive phone calls if you don't perform. I'm serious.

NOTE: This is not geographically specific. You will, however have to travel to whatever race we choose sometime in Fall 2009.

EPILOGUE: We are just training to complete the race, not win the race. If you have a problem with that I am thumbing my nose at you right now.

2. I have to welcome back a friend and a coworker, James. He was in Iraq until recently, and I want to congratulate him on his safe return and thank him for his service to our country. James: sorry I missed your return by a week or so due to my move, but I'll be in touch. Let me know if you are ever in town.

3. I am one book away from my goal of reading 52 books in 2008. Woot!

4. I have learned a lot of new terms in the last week or so. Here are a few of them: provision, SMDR, WOPR (pronounced wopper) and CAIRS. I just thought I would share.

5. Taryn is the cutest baby ever. Yes, I am biased. So what?

6. We put up our Christmas tree today. Even with all of the other stress gong on, it is always nice to celebrate something for a while.

7. I need to go to Disneyland. Some things never change.

OK, so that is a lot of randomness, but it is something new. I need to post some pictures of our new house, and the family, etc., but that is for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Joy is the WINNER, the WINNER, the WINNER!!

    O and Heather hasn't updated her miles ran, can I start calling her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, enough of the gloating. You won. We get it.

    About Heather: I think she is out. For all the details check her blog. She posted about it. She has committed to still helping me train though, so tonight I ran 2.5 miles and she came along--on a bike. It actually did help. I felt like I was getting chased the whole time, so I posted my best time yet-> 2.5 miles in 23 min. Not bad for a fat boy like me.

    ReplyDelete