Slideshow

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Since my last posting actually got a comment or two, I thought I should put a few more pictures up:)


There were fancy crepe stands everywhere. Really fancy. Crepes. Weird.


That is what I had for dinner Monday night. Yep, like all smart people I went to Japan to have Indian food. The Butter Chicken Curry was very rich, I couldn't eat very much, but the big triangle pancake thing was delicioso! I forgot what it was called. Lon? Lan? Something like that.


Ok, so this was the dangdest thing I ever saw. (Yes, I am flexing my American vocabulary.) We popped into a fancy arcade for a look-see and there was this big seating place with a screen the size of the whole wall showing a virtual horse race!! And the chairs each had its own screen so anyone could walk up and sit down and play like they were just having a day at the derby! I suppose there was some actual game involved (I hope!) like betting with virtual money or something, but that is just dumb. Even if you win at this horse race you lose your money. You might as well go to a real horse race where if you win you actually get something back. Crazy.


Why did I take a picture of McD's? I don't know. There was just a big bucket of fries floating above the door and I grabbed for my camera. That just happens sometimes.




There I am. The picture is out of focus, but you aren't missing anything. This pic doesn't do the scene justice either. I am standing in front of the busiest crosswalk in the world. Apparently over a million people cross this intersection EVERY DAY. And there were still people stupid enough to try to DRIVE THROUGH IT. Hah. And there were like 5 huge advertisement screens like in Times square. It was pretty crazy.

Somehow I didn't take any pictures of the crazies we saw walking around, or the Nigerean thugs or any of the price tags. When I was in London last year I thought that place was extremely overpriced, but I'm thinking Tokyo takes the cake. I walked through a mall where they casually displayed watches with a 5,100,000 yen price tag. That is over $51,000. Shoes going for $150US were just stacked on the sidewalk like a "Big 5 Going Out Of Business" sale. These people are nuts.

We also managed to get lost on the subway system. We caught an express train north when we wanted to go south. What do you do when you don't read Japanese and are lost? Pull out your iPhone (my tour guide had one) and get train directions back to where you want to go. It tells you what train to catch and when (up to the minute) to get you back to where you want to be.

This was all Monday night, so I'll cover Tuesday next time.




4 comments:

  1. Your emails weren't very nice :(. I am mad at you. I like the pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the posts you do when you are on vacay. they make it so i don't have to actually go anywhere, just live vicariously through you! have fun out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jelious!! I can so hear you speaking in your writting...you are missed in this part of the working world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. They don't even have crepes like that in France--or at least not that I saw. Who knew the Japanese were such fans. Weird.

    As for the busiest crosswalk... I can see now why the Japanese made games like Frogger and animal crossing. It's all coming together.

    ReplyDelete