Slideshow

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

Friday, May 29, 2009

Ranking Pixar




Recently IGN ranked the work of Pixar, the industry-dominating animated film company. (Link to article:http://movies.ign.com/articles/986/986660p1.html) I found it as I was reviewing my RSS feeds from my favorite Disney sites, something I should blog about some time. Any way, my thanks to http://www.mickeynews.com for picking this story up and bringing it to my attention.

Their rankings went like this (1 being the best):

9. Cars
8. Monsters, Inc.
7. A Bug's Life
6. Ratatouille
5. Finding Nemo
4. The Incredibles
3. Toy Story 2
2. WALL-E
1. Toy Story

Of course, they caveat the whole list at least once per page with the fact that the worst Pixar film beats the competition hands down, and I would echo that. This is also a list of the 9 best films to come out over the last 9 years, and I would go on to say that in many cases this isn't just in the animated category. I'm talking about the best out of all genres. Except for WALL-E.

OK, I've said too much. So what do I think? Of course, being a critical mind, I disagree with their rankings, thus the post. To get straight to the point, here is MY assessment:

9. WALL-E
8. Ratatouille
7. Finding Nemo
6. Monsters, Inc.
5. Cars
4. A Bug's Life
3. Toy Story 2
2. The Incredibles
1. Toy Story

The only thing we agreed on is that Toy Story deserves the top spot. I guess it also shows that I prefer action oriented movies more than the IGN folks, and that I despise wordless environmentalist films about robots. So what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you on the wall-e spot. that was the lamest movie i have ever seen, and i've seen some pretty lame ones! there have been some pretty awesome movies out, you are right about pixar being the best ones. although, i have enjoyed dreamworks as well. kung fu panda, ice age, shrek, just to name a few. hmmm... interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. Dreamworks keeps disappointing me. I'm not a fan, but that may be because they haven't really targeted the "Disney" type demographic I think. They are more a Nickelodean flavored option.

    There was another article today about the Disney / Nickelodean war. Something about the Jonas Brothers (I'm not a fan of them either).

    ReplyDelete