Slideshow

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is your Big Bang theory? Or theory on the Big Bang?

So I have been trading a few emails with family members (mostly Jeff because he is the only one who talks to me) about politics, life, and now a current event. I think it is both interesting and fun, so I decided to put it to a larger audience. Plus, the email thing gets annoying after a while. This is what blogs are for.

Here was my jab this morning to get things rolling:

Since yesterday's conversation was so interesting, what do you think about this article that came out today?


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24748826/

Of course, I am referring to the Big Bang machine doo-hickey that they plugged in over in Switzerland. Here was the one and only response I got. (Sorry for making your email public.)


Okay, you want to get the day started with a Bang (pun intentional) ! I mean a really Big Bang...get it...
Were you wanting to discuss the quantum physics of this machine, or the fact that every stinking article in the news for the next two months has a political spin going on? Not to mention the fine print saying the US is still in the lead, they are only Fear Mongering to the crowds that the title could be lost at some future point due to a lack of money. It is funny how this could sound like a less fortunate individual living in the projects in Philly (or anywhere) whining that all of their problems in life come from the government not greasing their wheels...


Now that it is getting interesting, here is my response. Feel free to comment from here.


HA! Yep, this is a good way to start the day.

I did think it had a spin to it. I was amazed that the US Government kicked in $531 million to the Euro project, but that they were whining about losing a $91 million budget in a time of war. At the same time, I think it is obvious that the US is losing dominance in a number of areas (maybe you don't think so?)

So, my question is this: Do you think it is important that the US continues to be an unquestioned world power, or should we be looking at things as a world-community?

Things to consider: military and political threats, linked economies, lack of national self-sufficiency, the affects of isolationism on your own lifestyle, the affects of globalization on your future.

Lets hear what you think. Don't worry, no one reads my blog but you and me.

3 comments:

  1. Anthony, I read your blog. You need to read my blog about the Gay day they want to make all schools celebrate in California. I called a voted NOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the anals of Nate...he he

    Interesting...I have so many deep and congested feelings that its impossible to put this all on type. Anyway, should we be an unquestioned world power? I say yes for this reason; We believe in agency and the right to all people to have that freedom to choose. This means being a world power to effect that right for everyone. Example is important and if we are in the worlds eye, we need to set the right example. World community is a wonderful idea, but I think you'll need the 2nd coming for that. As for the big bang.....lets hope it works for a few minutes to collect some nice data and then all goes horribly wrong....I looooooooove fireworks...and on that note lets hope no one reads this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment.

    So I have to ask for some clarification. It sounds like you're saying that in order for the world to have free agency, the US has to dominate the rest of the world. Doesn't that sound a little contradictory?

    Oh, and I think you meant to say "From the annals of Nate." At least I hope that is what you meant:)

    ReplyDelete